Thesis & Dissertation Boot Camp
Are you a graduate student? Are you enrolled in Thesis A or B? Are you working on a dissertation proposal or dissertation? Does the prospect of writing your thesis or dissertation feel overwhelming?
If you answered yes to these questions, then come be a part of our Thesis & Dissertation Boot Camp!
- Participate in informative workshops.
- Meet graduate students from other programs.
- Have scheduled time to write in a supportive environment.
- Go through the experience of writing a thesis or dissertation with a group of other students.
Fall 2018 – Final date for Thesis/Dissertation Defense is November 6.
Thesis/Dissertation due to the Graduate College on November 13.
Week 1: Friday, September 14, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Getting Started – Brainstorming, researching, outlining, mind mapping, and creating a timeline
- Parts of a Thesis/Dissertation – Introduction, Literature Review, Methods, Results, Analysis, and Discussion
Week 2: Friday, September 28, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Tone and Audience – Being a scholarly writer
- Review of Literature
- Overcoming writer's block
Week 3: Friday, October 5, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Formatting – The Graduate College’s guidelines and citation style
Week 4: Friday, October 19, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Editing and Revising – How to edit and revise effectively, incorporate changes, and address common grammar concerns
Note: Content of workshops may vary depending number of attendees and how far along students are in the thesis/dissertation process.