To major in Mass Communication or Health Administration, you must pass the GSP exam with a score of at least 70. You will have only three tries to get a passing score. Therefore, it is to your benefit to prepare for the exam before you take it even once.
You will take the actual GSP at the Testing Center in Commons.
The Writing Center at Texas State provides GSP tutoring. You can make an appointment for an individual tutoring session or join us for one of our group review sessions. Before your appointment, study the GSP Review (below) and take the Online GSP Practice Test.
To take the practice GSP on the TRACS site:
1. Go to TRACS and log in using your Texas State username and password.
2. Click on "Membership" in the lefthand menu to see the sites to which you belong.
3. Click "Joinable Sites," search for "GSP 2012-2013," and click "Join."
4. Go to the Writing Center GSP tab that has been added to the top of your TRACS site.
5. Click on "Assessments," then on the Sample GSP, to begin taking the test.
The practice GSP is not timed (though the real test allows only 90 minutes). After you have finished the test, click "submit for grading." Your test results, along with statistics about the test, will be available in the Assessments tab.